Wednesday 30 January 2013

Empties Nov/Dec/Jan




This is quite embarrassing as I had promised these images ages and ages ago. And when looking at them now, there is just nothing there... In all fairness, I have been a very busy bee trying to fit in everything and worked late-nights, so there havent been a great amount of time for fun - whats even worse, 50% of every Shampoo and Conditioner Ive used arent actually pictured as they were thrown out as my boyfriend would think Im completely nuts had I started transporting them back from his.... I will therefore handpick a few interesting items to point out and just leave the rest. 


  • First of all, Fudge Clean Blonde Violet Shampoo RRP £11.95. This is one of my favourite silvering shampoos as it does actually work eliminating the brassy tones and making the hair appear more white and clean, compared to many other, cheaper products. Only stands in the shadow of the Schwarzkopf Professional BC Color Freeze Silver Shampoo, which at times made even my dry skin and nails go purple!!! Strong stuff..! However, a great product would probably buy again. 
  • VO5 Plump me up dry shampoo. I once again wasnt impressed. I dont know why I repurchased, i should just stick to batiste, cheaper and easier to use. Granted, it doesnt leave a thick layer of white dust on your hair, but it doesnt seem to work for very long eiter so whats the point of spending £3.59??
  • Clarins pure melt cleansing gel... Dont think I ever got the gist of this product? Please can someone explain it to me... a triple-texture cleansing gel which transforms into an oil that melts away the trace of oil and impurities and makeup. Water activates it into a silky milk that rinses the skin. And with marula oil for optimal radiance and comfort. Im not going to say I like it cause everyone does. I do not understand it. I will continue with my dior cleansing milk thanks. I have actually become very good at this. 
  • No7 Protect and perfect. Love love love it. Reple-ning tomorrow when I get paid. Check my post from November featuring this specific product. 
  • Not sure if I have mentioned fat hair products before? If not, then now is the time. These were introduced to me maybe about 5 years ago when I was studying for my undergrad and big hair was what all us students were trying to achieve. I went through all the hairsprays you can possibly imagine available on the marked. However, it wasnt until one of my class-mates brought a little hairspray out with her on a night out and I tried it in a ladies somewhere. What a revelation. I have loved it ever since. Even ordered it online when I was abroad. It is just so hard wearing, can go quite stiff if you overdo it. Its a bit like doublewear but in hairspray terms. Its not cheap either. Around £6 for a can of hairspray, depending on where you buy it, I tend to get mine in Superdrug as they arent available in Boots and they often have 2 for 1 price offer on. The shampoo and conditioner were good too, but the hairspray and leave in spray are by far some of the best plump-up products ever. Only downside? The smell. But I will excuse them for that. 
  • I have started using doublewear again.... thought Id mention the new colour, Dawn, but Ive started breaking out equally bad. :( So am trying to not use this everyday, its hard though when all you want to do is cover, but covering makes it worse..

Ok rant over. I will be back with more soon as I have actually already collected a little selcetion of things again. Never ending this. 

Off to Nottingham again tomorrow. Will be a very long day, so I better get to bed. Sleep well.

Z xxx